Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

A Tuesday afternoon chat with Miles - Part 2

I asked Miles about his overall role (s) with Dallas during the season:

Austin - ""During the season I got on the field as a wide receiver a couple of times. Just a couple. But for the most part I was on every special team, punt, punt defense, kick offs, kick off returns.

On whether he played WR in practice:

Austin - I play scout team wide receiver and with the first team offense. I guess they had to keep me in the (WR) loop in practice somewhat in case someone goes down."

I asked Miles if Bill Parcells has talked with him or other players since the day of the game.
Austin - ""I'm in the dark as much about that as you are. I don't know what he's doing (about meetings with players.) They tell me we've got a meeting I go to the meeting. .I haven't spoken to him except after the game.''

What does Miles feel his role with Dallas will be in 2007?
Austin - "I don't know what's going on with that. I'm just going to be working hard during this off season, hopefully I can work my way up as a wide receiver but we'll see how it goes.''


How was Terrell Owens as a teamate?
Austin - ""I have nothing but good things to say about the guy. He was always nice to me. He ran out to the end zone to celebrate with me after my touchdown. He's a good guy in my mind. I don't know about all the other stuff, about what other people are saying. He's been nothing but a good teammate to me.''

On whether Miles thinks Parcells returns as coach of Dallas in 2007? Austin - "I have no idea.''


Locally it would appear Monmouth WR Adam San Miguel will break Austin's record this fall for most career receptions at MU and maybe some others. Miles reaction?

Austin - "He's (San Miguel) on the brink to do a lot of things. I actually called him the other day, I was like "Don't be breaking my records.
""But I'm nothing but happy for him. He deserves it, he's a hell of a player, he's a great athelete, a smart kid. I hope he does break my record. Records are made to be broken right?"


end of interview

Austin said he will be returning to NJ in a few days.. he may be back tomorrow.

e-mail tonygsports@aol.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home