Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Tyson Johnson sighting

Well, sort of. Tyson was the promising basketball freshman from Long Island who saw some action for MU last season but had his career side tracked by some off the court indiscretions and he also had academic woes and left MU this summer.

Anyway..according to a fax I got with a copy of the JUCO JUNCTION web site..Tyson is on the roster at Blinn Junior College in Brenham Texas. Where Brenham is I have no idea. I could look it up on Map Quest but why?

Anyway, Tyson is an example of a great deal of potential that so far has languished. Hopefully things will work out for him.

e-mail tonygsports@aol.com

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe Tyson was involved in that bad press (according to rumor perhaps much worse than bad press) the bball team received last year. In addition the grades issue...too bad, he was supposed to be the future star for the Hawks

7:30 AM, October 03, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why should we hope things work out for Tyson Johnson? He came to us as an overhyped freshman with great potential and all he showed us was immaturity and a lack of responsibility. I for one am not going to cheer for Tyson Johnson, because when I did he let me and the rest of the Monmouth Hawks Basketball faithful down big time. It is awful to see an athlete blow the chance that countless people in America would work as hard as they possibly could to receive. He was only an athlete, not a student athlete in all meanings of the word.

12:04 PM, October 03, 2006  
Blogger Tony Graham said...

Well, I personally hope things work out for him. I'm not saying anyone else has to. We all, in my opinion, deserve second chances. And yes, too bad, all that talent and so far, little to show for it.

4:04 PM, October 03, 2006  
Blogger Tony Graham said...

This is to SLY. If you would like to e-mail me at tonygsports@aol.com, I will get back to you.
I cannot, however, publish your comment at this time unless you could make it more general in nature.

As fas as I know MU does a pretty good job keeping on top of their students academically. What coach at any school wants to lose a talented player?

Also..as the season went on Tyson was seeing more playing time at critical periods including the overtime regular season win at home vs. FDU when he was on the floor in the late stages of the game.

I liked Tyson. He was always fine with me, and as I have stated here, wish him well.

12:45 AM, October 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home