Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Thoughts and notes

Went over to MU today for football. Also watched a lot of men's hoops in pick up games. That MU exhibition game for Dec. 17 with Stockton is all but official...probably a 4-pm tip off.

As for hoops..not everyone participated. Of those who did Marques Alston looked VERY good, slashing to the hoop and hitting from deep. Whitney Coleman, Rickie the Rookie - hey I just found a nickname for Rickie Crews - and frosh Youngblood also played well. John Bunch ran on the side..looked Ok as far as his knees and legs go, at least I thought he did. I didn't menton everyone I know. Som weren't there or didn't play. Others were Ok but no highlights to mention.

On the next post much more on football...and my long awaited (well, maybe by somebody) Colgate prediction..

By the way two former Shore Conference players suit up for Colgate..Junior Ryan Miller (Colts Neck) starts at defensive end and freshman Ryan Gross (Southern Reg.) started at center last week.

The big game this week in the NEC has CCSU (3-0) at Albany (2-1) which should have championship implications. MU plays CCSU in its third to last game of the season (MU home coming) and ends at Albany.....sooo...if Hawks are doing well up to that point they will probably control their own destiny.


Monmouth victims this season are 1-7. Morgan State (1-2) won its first game last week 28-20 over Division II Bowie State while Fordham (1-2) was waffled by Columbia, 37-7. The prior week Fordham had upset Albany which otherwise has beaten Lehigh and Delaware. As I said on an earlier blog...go figure.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tony Graham said...

Well...the secret is now out as to why I got a "D in seventh grade algebra (and why I am not a rocket scientist). MU opponents are 2-7, not 1-7. I knew I should have used a calculator!!!

10:25 AM, September 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home