Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Friday, September 22, 2006

Fred's Inn, Norwich, NY

Well..that's where myself and my wife are staying here in Norwich, N.Y., about 30 minutes north of Binghampton.

For dinner Fred is going to cook the rabbit he shot and the ""facilities" are only about 10 yards from the door. I only stay at the finest locales.


Just kidding, this is a really nice place about 20-30 minutes from Colgate.

I did not make it here in time to attend MU's practice today at Colgate but chatted tonight with football SID Greg Viscomi. He reports MU had a walk through today and a light practice and worked on some special teams play. That would be the usual fare for a Friday before a Sat game. The team came up in two buses and is staying in Utica, north of Colgate.

Here are some comments from MU coach Kevin Callahan earlier this week about the success NEC teams have had vs. non-conference opponents this season: "I'm very happy for what other teams in the NEC have done. I'm happy with the way they've been able to go out and represent the conference in non-league games. Hopefully we'll be able to represent our conference as well.''