Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Saturday, October 28, 2006

My MU hoops report

First thanks for that super report earlier on the blog...since I got up at 7 this morning (the crack of dawn for me) let me add a few things..

Teams were divided into the White coached by Mark Calzonetti..the "Cals Cats" (hey, they need a name) of many of the experienced players...Bunch, Coleman, Nunner, Marques, Shipman, Delic, and a rookie in Dobriansky ..

Then we had the "Krayl Kids" coached by Ron Krayl of Hallett and Coleman and the rest were the kids...Youngblood, Crews, T.J. Tibbs, Dutch Gaitely..

Sean Barlow (ankle ) DNP..out a few days and Yaniv Simpson (shins) DNP - he is out another two weeks so we can't expect much from him for a while...

Calz team won a pair of two ""game" halves...38-29 and 32-24...

First game...Calz got 11 points from Marques who becomes more and more of a point forward..can really find Bunch down low and , eight from Bunch were the top scorers...Hallett - 13 points..topped the Kids team..as earlier blogger said..Corey looked very good...

Next game Delic erupted scored 14 , Shipman eight, and Bunch six for the Calz team. Youngblood had eight, Hallett seven, and Coleman six for Krayls Kids....

I agree with the person on the prior blog ..very astute observations by him/her/whoever..

I think the MU starting..we'll say six including Bunch and Hallett rotating at center is as good if not better than any NEC team....

So now who comes off the bench? I had relegated Nunner to the back of the bus but he looked good in his role and with Simspson out for who knows how long he moves into the guard rotation along with Youngblood, a talent who will only get better. As the other person stated.. a little out of control right now..needs to run the offense better, but he has a chance to be very good...

The question is.. who comes off the bench at forward...I had Barlow figured in here after what I thought has been an impressive preseason..but is he only a center? can he play the 4?..remains to be seen I guess.

I also had ""Rickie the Rookie" in there..but he has struggled with the offense and defense though he has worlds of talent.

Gailtey is being redshirted and Dobriansky now about 50-50 after today though it would be better for him and MU if he does redshirt, in my opinion.
Again..he's mainly a five.

..MU can go three guaards if it has to.....

I would say the rotation beyond the top six is definitely not set yet....


e-mail tonygsports@aol.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home