Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Homecoming stories any one? My MU-CCSU prediction

Anyone have any MU homecoming stories they would care to share with us? Remember this is a family blog. A particular game? A particular story of general interest?..seeing former classmates..etc, etc.???


Actually ..I have one.

Around the late 90's or so..as I arrived for the game somehow I got caught in my car in the home coming parade. So there were all these vehicles decked out in homecoming attire and me unable to break free from the middle of the procession as it wound around the parking lot.


As I passed by Boylan gym..I'll never forget.. a women's basketball player - Erin Adessso - shouted to me, "Nice float Tony.''



As for this year's game with CCSU

Another critical game (have we said this before?) for the Hawks.

We have a smash mouth running team in CCSU and a more balanced and better defensive team in MU and rain and wind on turf to further complicate the matter.

MU was successful in rain earler this year..remember Fordham? Key in this game is for MU not to fall behind and let CCSU and Justise Hairtson control the tempo and the clock.
If MU can forge the lead it takes CCSU out of its game.

Especially in wet, windy weather turnovers could affect the outcome and who has the wind in the fourth quarter.

If I was Adam San Miguel I would definitely think about fair catches in this game.



My record: 4-1. MU could lose this one but I think CCSU kicking game, which has been erratic this season, could suffer in bad weather.

MU, 14-13.


Due to personal obligations I will not be around Friday until I cover a high school football game Friday night. So I will not be able to blog
from later tonight probably until late Saturday.

I hope to attend the men's hoops scrimmage Sat morning. If so I will offer my comments on it here Saturday evening.


e-mail tonygsports@aol.com

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

MU 24
CCSU 17

8:00 AM, October 27, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

14-10 MU

12:28 PM, October 27, 2006  
Blogger Tony Graham said...

Looks like weather definitely going to be a factor. Ed Sarulca (WOBM), a former high school coach, says wet weather favors the running team.

4:47 PM, October 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home