Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Monday, February 26, 2007

Re: MU spring sports/others

Women's Lax 2-0 and the defending NEC champs are off and rolling.

I will place blog headers topics like this throughout the spring for folks to comment on any MU (or other local school) spring sport...at least that's my plan.

We will run an MU baseball preview this week..Thursday or Friday..in the Press focusing on the Freehold Township Connection -pitchers Brad and Brett Brach.

This will be a place to also comment on off season hoops - (do I detect some personal NEC Tournament pessimism on my part?) and for football, soccer, etc. news and developments.

We do not normally staff MU spring sports - (I usually cover high school baseball) certainly not to the extent of MU hoops and football - as the Press opts to run - in part - the stories that MU produces...all results are usually available in a timely fashion at the MU web site.


Hopefully MU can get GAMETRACKER up and running for baseball and softball and maybe lax home games. Not sure though if that's going to happen.


However..I am trying to work something out with the MU SIDS to talk with coaches
and players after various games and post their quotes on the blog..we'll see how that goes...

If you have any further suggestions, comments, please feel free to make them. Also, my e-mail is tonygsports@aol.com..

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey TG

I was lucky enough to lose power at work so I have the DAY Off YIPPIE

Thanks for posting the stuff about watching the game I hope to as long as my 8 month old has the same idea. ANy way any word on GOLF the NEC are in the spring I believe Take Care TG

Tim Walker

12:11 PM, February 26, 2007  
Blogger Tony Graham said...

Until now, I can honestly say there are not been a tidal wave of demand for golf news...

However..the MU web site of course will have their results..the Press will run some as well..and anyone who makes a hole in one makes the blog!!!

12:18 PM, February 26, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sure of the non tidal wave of demand for golf news but thanks

Tim Walker

1:09 PM, February 26, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look forward to reading about spring sports and updates on footabll and basketball.
Please keep us updated.
Thank you.

11:31 AM, February 27, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home