Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Latest MU football recruiting news/courtesy njvarsity.com

Note: signing period begins tomorrow..MU hosting "signing celebration" open to the public 5-7 pm at the Varsity Club.. Please see prior blog topic for more information...


By Mark Pszonak


LB Chris Mastrangelo of Randolph (NJ) has been weighing his options and taking official visits during the last month, and last week he decided that the best place for him was in New Jersey. The talented linebacker committed to Monmouth and spoke to NJVarsity.com about his decision and the process.


Mastrangelo chose Monmouth after a visit last weekend

Mastrangelo, 6-foot-0 and 215-pounds, was happy to get the process over with.

"I just wanted to let you know that I committed to Monmouth," said Mastrangelo. "I went on an official last Saturday and it was really good."

Mastrangelo also spoke a little about the other visits he took in January.

"I went down to Sacred Heart," said Mastrangelo. "I really liked the coaching staff there and they were a bunch of nice guys. Then I went down to Central Connecticut and they were really high on my list, and then I went to Monmouth."

His final visit to Monmouth obviously helped put the Hawks in the lead, so what did the Randolph linebacker do during his visit?

"I arrived there at 10:30 in the morning and got a tour of the campus and all the facilities, than I hung out with my host John Stolarz," said Mastrangelo. "We went to the basketball game and than in the morning I had breakfast with Coach Van Zile and Coach Callahan."

So what really put Monmouth over the top?

"To be honest, with all of the schools I was looking I couldn't have gone wrong with anyone, but Monmouth was closest to home, a very good football program, and it is starting to get a really good academic repuatation," said Mastrangelo.

And what position will he play at Monmouth?

"Coach Callahan said I could either play outside linebacker or inside linebacker," said Mastrangelo, who will be a business major. "They will have to see once I get there and start practicing."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home