Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Monday, February 19, 2007

Dave on Tyson/Bunch had the block at MSM/"Jet" soars to another ROW Award

Advisory...I will try and be on line as much as possible but again, please bear with me if there are gaps...(also I lost my mouse on my PC, the cat must have eaten it!)



I asked Dave today about Tyson in this manner - ""Is there any chance Tyson Johnson could be wearing a Monmouth uniform next season?"

Dave's answer - ""I've been in this business long enough to never say never."

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..............................


On the Bunch block Saturday - I stand corrected (How rare is that? - not very).

Dave and Whitney Coleman told me today Bunch got back to block Goode's last second shot Saturday night. Darned if me or any other reporter saw it.

Whitney - who was on the floor - said Bunch ran by him and Goode was getting by him (Coleman) when Goode plowed into Marques for what Whitney thought should have been called a charge.

Then he said , at the same time, Bunch blocked the shot.

So there you are....

If you didn't know...Jhamar "The Jet" Youngblood received his third NEC Rookie of the Week Award..that ties him for the most in the NEC this season...

He practiced Monday Dave told me. Bunch was held out as a protective measure (his knees).

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see Dave wasn't totally negative about the possibility of Tyson Johnson returning. I think that he would be quite a nice fit alongside Rickie Crews on the front line next year. It would be a nice story to see a kid who wasn't ready for the responsibility of being out on his own at 18 and made bad choices, leave and totally reverse his situation and then return to finish what he had originally started out to do. I remember watching Tyson in street clothes standing on a ladder cutting down a piece of the net at FDU signaling "3 more NEC titles" with his fingers. Well Tyson, I'm not sure we're going to get one without you this year; so if you could come back and get 2 more over the next 2 years I'll more than forgive you for missing out this year.
-Give the kid credit, he admits his mistakes and has learned from them.
-Tony, I wish you and your wife the best.

8:35 AM, February 20, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Dave is just covering his bases on this one. He's right you never say never.....BUT I don't see him taking a chance on him again.

8:48 AM, February 20, 2007  
Blogger Tony Graham said...

Re: Tyson. I just don't see him returning. That's just my gut feeling, which, as we know, are not always correct.

10:42 AM, February 20, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It would be good to see a potentially quality player on the court next year - but I can't see it. Dave seems too stubborn (i'e. Ricky Crews playing time) to let it happen even it was possible. This would be a first as far as I can remember. I think Billy Ardis has another year of eligibilty remaining!

1:05 PM, February 20, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats Dave's way of being nice or PC. He dislikes Tyson, pissed at what he did to the program, and worst doesnt have any respect for him. Tyson, why even bother coming back to watch a game. Bye bye.

5:46 PM, February 20, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If this kid has the time to be on this board checking things and writing to you Tony, no offense, but then there is no shot in hell he is being recruited by Indiana, Michigan State, etc, etc. Manhattan, LIU, maybe, sorry Tyson.

5:47 PM, February 20, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tyson,
How would you feel about coming back and playing at Monmouth?

8:28 AM, February 21, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dont think Tyson would ever come back to Monmouth..I heard he hated it there Tony. My ties told me he commited to the university of Miami already anyway. Not 100 percent but, my sources are pretty good. Im pretty sure hes a hurricane..

4:05 AM, February 25, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So what if he reads this stuff, why does that mean he cant be getting recruited by these schools. You must not know nothing about basketball my friend if you think he can't play at this level. The last time you've seen him play is over a year ago. I personally know Tyson, he is a wonderful kid. One of the nicest kids i had a pleasure of meeting. Tyson if you're reading this i wish you the best kid.
Good luck.
Maybe ill see you in JSBL this summer.

4:09 AM, February 25, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home