Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Friday, April 21, 2006

Porricelli outpourings

Hello everyone...

On most games I cover I almost always have left over quotes that, due to space limitations, never make the paper. Sooooo..a blog is as good as any means of getting these quotes to the fans.


In Freehold Township's win over CBA Thursday here are some of senior shorstop Tom Porricelli's obervations:

Porricelli on Brett Brach - "Just knowing coming in that Brett was throwing for us was great, just knowing he was on the mound. We knew from the beginning if he throws well we'd have a great chance of winning this game.

On avenging the opening game lost to CBA: ""Winning today is 10 times better than winning the first game of the season.''

On the Class A North race (CBA has finished first or shared the top spot every year since 2000) : ""This puts us in a great spot, the driver's seat, basically, to win the conference.''


On batting ninth in the lineup: ""They (coaches) figure if I get on I can take second base and Damian (lead-off batter Damian Csakai) can drive me in. It's almost like an automatic run. Plus, I don't know if I'm any good at lead-off anyway. I like batting ninth. It's fun down there.''

(Porricelli tripled twice Thursday's game, drove in two runs, and scored twice, one on a Csakai hit).

Meanwhile fans..this race is far from over. CBA is still the favorite until dethroned and still may have more quality arms than anyone else in the division.



e-mail tonygsports@aol.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home